Disaster Recovery equals failure on our part. We like to employ a common sense program to ensure that a data or hardware loss results in the least downtime possible. To ensure that the little to no data or hardware loss happens we have a step-by-step system:
- We identify the weaknesses of the IT infrastructure.
- Implement a RAID(Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks) configurtion. These steps include knowledge of life expectancy of hardware and drives.
- Plan for replacing the equipment on a cycle before it fails within budget parameters.
- Leverage technology in case of failure before the life cycle of the hardware ends.
- Maintain multiple redundant systems.
- Deploy multiple servers.
- Backup routines and verification.
- Backups must run, be verified and leave the building every night.
- If all else fails, data is lost and backups fail, we have multiple options.